Thursday, February 3, 2011

how to install Teradata Express editions?

Teradata express edition available in two modes

1. One to install directly on windows (Xp,Vista )
2. Second Virtual machine which runs on VM player (SuSE LinuX)
here host machine can be windows or Linux. Guest OS is SUSE Linux
But your computer processor must support Intel VT (Virtual technology)
My laptop has Intel Core 2 duo T6400 64 Bit processor. I am not
able to run SUSE Linux Teradata because my CPU is not supporting
Intel VT technology

And Teradata windows Express Edition works on only 32 Bit Operating System.
It does not matter whether your CPU is 32 bit or 64 Bit your OS must be
32 bit OS.

I have 64 Bit Laptop and I installed 32bit windows vista home premium
i was able to install teradata express edition 12 and run. But when
I install Windows vista 64 Bit OS, I am not able to install it.

So I created a Windows XP Virtual Machine

3 comments:

  1. i cant install teradata 13.10 on my 32bit windows vista using vmware player....
    shall i download a 32 bit linux and try again???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Step by step How to install TD12/13 on Fedora??

    ReplyDelete